Open Web App Bootstrap
What is an Open Web App?
An Open Web App is an app built with web technologies that can be installed on any modern standards-compliant device. It's really as simple as a website with metadata. This metdata allows the user to discover, install, launch, and grant it additional privileges.
What you get:
- Many of the helpful tricks from html5boilerplate for creating HTML5 apps
- Prebuilt manifest.webapp
- Two UI libraries: Twitter Bootstrap and x-tags
- js libraries for interacting with Mozilla's marketplace
- require.js for structuring your js code (optional)
- volo for scripting app deployment and other things (optional)
volo is a helpful tool which provides several commands to perform various activities for your apps, such as minimizing assets, deploying into the app store, and testing.
If you haven't installed volo yet, you need to so that you can invoke volo commands:
npm install -g volo
DeploymentYou can use volo to deploy your app to github. Simply build the app like so:
And then run the
$ volo build
Your app will be available at the
$ volo ghdeploy
You must always run
ghdeploy to deploy changes.
We will add commands in the future to deploy straight to the Mozilla marketplace.
Until then, you can head over to the marketplace and submit your app!